Friday, October 28, 2011

Fell Off the Wagon

Well we kinda fell off of the wagon for a while and haven't bothered to update the blog. Sorry about that. Things have been busy for us. Tony is working two jobs and I am still working early mornings and then spend the rest of my day chasing Sadie and cleaning up her messes. Baby proofing in an apartment doesn't work out very well. Not to mention any time I sit down Sadie thinks that means she can come on over and beg me to read her a book. She doesn't self entertain very well so our house is very messy right now and is driving me bananas.

Sadie had a birthday since our last post. We were very excited to have both grandparents there. It was very fun to have family around. It gets very lonely here sometimes. I can't believe a year has gone by already. It was the fastest year of my life. Sadie is still growing like crazy and is a walking machine now. About a month or more ago, Sadie reacted badly to the MMR vaccine and suffered from a mild case of the measles. She broke out in this awful rash. I thought it was a food allergy at first but no, the measles. I'm glad it wasn't a food allergy though. Sadie was a trooper through it all, a little, well a lot more cranky than usual and wouldn't eat and then had diarrhea, so yes, it was a long week. But everyone is healthy now. Sadie is working on talking but she still pretty much just says "mama." We have a fun game now where I say Sadie, "who is your momma?" and she puts her finger to my chest and says "mama." I love it.

Well, I got a "promotion" at work. One of the workers is being promoted to driver at Christmas and I took over his car. These cars handle about 1,000 packages a day and I load 4 cars now instead of 3. I have only been doing it for 4 days and I am so exhausted, and have multiple bruises. I just wished this promotion came with a pay raise. It is nice not to be with the drivers that complain all the time though. That will help with the mental part of the job. Although, one of the drivers that complained everyday asked me the other day why they have me over here now and I said "I am taking Matt's spot." Then he said, "They always gotta be screwing things up around here." So I guess in the end I was appreciated after all and didn't do that bad of a job. He was just a negative Nate. :-) The peak season is now in full swing and I am going in at 3 am now. We went from loading 24 trucks to loading 32 trucks in a matter of days. It is crazy. I will be so glad when this is all over. It is freezing in the mornings and I bundle up to go to work. You would think that I would get warm doing what I do but not enough to shed too many layers. On Monday it was the coldest day so far, 26 degrees and they didn't turn the heater on! My hands were ice cold and when I went to wash them at break time I ran cold water over them and it felt as if I had put burning hot water on them, that is how frozen they were. Not very fun. Did I mention that I can't wait until this over?

We have finally gotten some rain but we are still far from being out of the drought. I hope we have a very wet fall. Tony is still keeping very busy with both school and working at Sears. Soccer started this last week for him and he has 50 kids. Isn't that a little ridiculous? He doesn't have much help either, they are still working on that. Of course, he is hoping that he will have another good year.

We are hoping that the new year will bring some good, new, and exciting changes for our family. We are especially hoping to have more time to spend together. Tony, although jokingly said but very true, mom needs a few hours away from Sadie and dad needs a few hours with her. Sadie is getting very spoiled with mom time and she misses her daddy. Hopefully over Christmas break they will get to spend some quality time together. I think that is all the updates for now. We love and miss you all so much and are sad we don't get to spend the holidays together.



No comments:

Post a Comment