Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A little bit of work, FIFA, and a lot of Sadie!

It's been a while since our last post but things have been busy as we have all been adjusting to a new schedule. I've been working at UPS now for over a month and it is going pretty well. I am getting very strong and not suffering too much from early mornings. We are very understaffed so that makes the job even more exhausting and less desirable to go to every morning but it is a good job to have for our situation so I can't complain.....too much. :-)

Tony has been working at sears and doing well there. If you ever get in a conversation with him he might and try and sell you something so choose your topics wisely!! His most exciting event would be the women's FIFA World Cup match against Brazil. If you didn't watch it, you sure missed out. I don't particulary care to watch soccer but even I'll admit, that was a good game to watch.

Although it was never officially said, we are pretty certain Tony's job is safe for next year. He was in a training session for school and the principal came in a made a comment about the classes he would be teaching next year. We are so happy and grateful. We have 3 jobs among our family in this recession when many don't have even one. So even though I complain about the job, I can't deny it is a huge blessing.

Since we last updated, many of you know we took a vacation to Ocean City, New Jersey. Sadie did a wonderful job traveling again and we all had a lot of fun. We wish that we could be closer to family so there wasn't so much time in between visits, but alas, we are not and probably won't be anytime soon.
Texas is very very hot right now. We have been over 100 everyday for the last week or so and are back in a very bad drought. I know many of you are probably thinking that it is in the 90s where you are so it's not that different, however, 100 degrees in Texas is much warmer than anywhere else I have been. We don't go outside very often and when we do, it is for very short increments. I really miss the summers in Eastern Oregon and Washington, mainly the dry heat!!! When I am at work in the morning it is 85 degrees and 70% percent humidity, in a building that is not air conditioned. Joyous times are had by all. :-)

As for Sadie, a couple of weeks ago she went to the doctor for her 9 month well check up. She is 29 inches long and 21.15 lbs, still in the 90th percentile! The doctor said she is the happiest 9 month old he has ever seen and would take her home if he could. He also said that if he had a sticker for good patient of the day, he would put it on her forehead. Next time we go, will be her 12 month check!! 12 months, 1 year old! I can't believe it. It has gone so fast. Which by the way, we will be having a party and you are all invited!! :-)

Sadie is crawling all over the place now. She follows me from room to room. She gets quite the workout though, when she finally gets into the room I am in, I am done and leave. So once she gets there, she has to turn around and head the other direction. She also insists to eat when I am eating regardless if she just finished a meal. So yesterday I shared my spaghetti with her. She has also tried watermelon, which she likes so we can take her to Hermiston!! (my hometown famous for watermelons for those who don't know.) But she is starting to eat table food, slowing getting the hang of feeding herself.

Speaking of eating, Sadie, hates her bibs. Yesterday during lunch she kept taking it off, I would tell her no, put it back on and she would cry. This continued all through lunch. She is such a character. She tries to crawl through spaces that are too small and constantly gets stuck. She cries and I just laugh, I don't think she appreciates that. She is pulling herself up now and ever so cautiously sits back down. We really enjoy her and she is our entertainment.













1 comment:

  1. Wow do I miss that girl (and her parents)! The pictures make me want to go back to New Jersey and retire on the beach. What fun we had! I love your attitude about your jobs and the economy. It is true that working several jobs is better than having none. Great post. Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete